The Rule of Law Institute’s Mission is to promote the development of the rule of law in Poland, and through Poland’s example in other transitional countries. The rule of law is a cornerstone of the development of a society based on respect for individuals, protection of human rights and a free and democratic society.
The Foundation seeks to strengthen the rule of law through training; public awareness campaigns; provision of technical assistance; development and implementation of innovative programs and undertaking active partnership with legal professionals, non-governmental organizations, appropriate organs of government and international organizations with similar goals.
The Foundation’s rule of law efforts focus on 10 key objectives:
1. Promoting legal standards based on the rule of law.
2. Increasing the public’s legal knowledge.
3. Increasing the professional skills of lawyers.
4. Promoting the European Union and the idea of the European integration process.
5. Protecting civil and human rights.
6. Promoting the Polish experience in political system transition within post-communist countries.
7. Supporting the education system in the area of promoting the rule of law.
8. Reform of the system of legal education.
9. Eliminating corruption from public life.
10. Supporting initiatives for strengthening judicial independence.